Credit cards are not issued to everyone who applies for one because the bank considers factors such as type of employment, credit history, and loan before issuing credit cards. This is done to ensure that you will be able to repay the credit card amount.
Banks do offer credit cards to low-income earners (ranging from Rs 8,000 to Rs 15,000 per year). The card will be eligible for three times the monthly salary.
The following are the basic documents needed to apply for a credit card:
- Pay stubs from the company
- Formalized tax return
- The Pan Card
- A recent bank statement showing that the salary has been credited for at least three months
Here are the top eight credit cards for low-income people:
Bank of India Visa Gold card
Purchases will be more rewarding if you use the Bank of India Visa Gold Card. Bank of India Visa Gold Card provides an EMI option with low -rates, allowing cardholders to convert large payments into installments. With exclusive privileges and reward schemes, the Bank of India Visa Gold Card will enhance your shopping experience. You won’t have to deal with the hassles of making a transaction and waiting for change when you use the Visa Gold Credit card. Since the transaction value exceeds Rs.5000, the cardholder can easily convert their purchases to EMI. You no longer have to second-guess yourself when making large purchases.
The cardholder is only required to pay 10% of the invoice by the due date. The cardholder will be charged 1.70 percent interest per month on the 90 percent unpaid balance. If the total amount is not paid on time, the customer will be charged interest at the rate of 2.5 percent per month.
Customers with a yearly gross income of Rs 1.50 lacs and above are eligible to apply for this card. An annual fee of Rs 600 is levied. One can also obtain an add-on credit card for Rs 350 per year.
ICICI Bank HPCL Coral Visa Credit Card
With a powerful cashback and fuel surcharge waiver program, the ICICI Bank HPCL Coral Credit Card can help you keep your fuel costs under control. According to ITR, the applicant should earn a monthly salary of Rs 20,000 (if salaried) or an annual income of Rs 3 lakhs (if self-employed). The fee for the first year is Rs 199.
Read More: Best credit cards for shopping
Axis Bank My Zone Credit Card:
With the Axis Bank My Zone credit card, you can get discounts on all of your daily purchases made with the card. It provides cashback on movie ticket purchases, free airport lounge access, and a fuel surcharge exemption. The card has an annual interest rate of 46.78 percent and membership fees of Rs.500, which are waived if you spend more than Rs.5,000 in the first 45 days. From the second year, an annual fee of 500 rupees is also levied.
Highlights of the Axis Bank My Zone Credit Card:
- When you use the card for the first time to make an online purchase, you will receive 100 points. You will receive 4 to 40 reward points for every Rs.200 spent on the card.
- You also get 10 times more reward points when you eat out on weekends at certain hotels and restaurants.
- Users of the Axis My Zone credit card are entitled to four free visits per year to participating airport lounges in India.
- Booking cinema tickets with the My Zone credit card entitles you to a 25% discount on the total booking account.
- Get a 1% fuel surcharge exemption on all fuel transactions at all service stations in India. The waiver applies to card transactions ranging from Rs.400 to Rs.4,000.
- Any purchase made with a card that exceeds Rs 2,500 can be converted into easy monthly payments by contacting the bank. You have the option of repaying the loan over 6, 9, 12, 18, or 24 months.
- Axis Bank My Zone credit cardholders who do not have a savings or current account with Axis Bank can pay bills by bank card via Net Banking, NEFT, ECS, and so on, or by DD in favor of their credit card number.
Read More: Best credit card for movie ticket
HSBC Classic Credit Card
To be eligible for an HSBC credit card, you must earn at least Rs 1.5 Lac per year.
After reporting the loss of the credit card to the Bank in writing or to the VISA or MasterCard Global Emergency Assistance Helplines, HSBC credit cardholders have no lost-credit card liability.
Canara Bank VISA Classic Credit Card
This is a card intended for people who lead a moderate lifestyle. The card is provided to you in collaboration with VISA. To be eligible, you must have a minimum of Rs 1 lakh. It adds comfort and convenience to your daily life.
Vijaya Bank Classic Visa Card
A Vijaya Bank Visa Classic Credit Card has a minimum limit of Rs 5,000 and a maximum limit of Rs.75,000. Customers can withdraw cash from their credit cards up to 50% of their card limit, or Rs 25,000. To obtain this card, one must be a bank account holder.
Mastercard Global Credit Card from Vijaya Bank To be eligible for this card, a salaried individual must earn at least Rs 1,20,000 per year and a self-employed individual must earn at least Rs 10,00,00 per month.
HDFC Freedom card:
The HDFC Freedom card is a reward credit card with a variety of benefits and features. The credit card offers reward points for every purchase you make, as well as accelerated points for birthday spending, PayZapp, and other purchases. Aside from that, the Liberty card provides benefits in a variety of other categories such as fuel, insurance, and so on.
Highlights of the HDFC Freedom Credit Card:
- Take advantage of 5X reward points on meals, groceries, train reservations, taxi reservations, and movie tickets.
- Make the most of your birthday by earning 25X reward points on all card purchases.
- A gift voucher of Rs.1,000 is given for expenditures of more than Rs.90,000 in a calendar year.
- Renewal fees are waived if your annual expenses exceed Rs.50,000. A 50-day interest-free period is available.
A 50-day interest-free period is available. T
The HDFC Freedom card’s credit limit is entirely at the discretion of the bank. Before allocating a credit limit, the bank considers several factors. The applicant’s credit score, credit report, and repayment habits for previous and current loans are all considered.
HSBC Premier Master Card:
This is only available to high-end HSBC customers and comes with numerous benefits. This card provides some of the best dining, shopping, and travel benefits available. If you are a privileged bank customer, you should have this card because it is one of the best you can have.
Highlights of the HSBC Premier Master Card:
- To obtain this card, all applicants must be over the age of 21.
- He must earn at least Rs 5 lakh per year.
- This card is available based on the total number of relationships maintained.
- It has a criterion of maintaining a balance of 5 lakhs in a quarter.
- Candidates earning 5 lakhs or more are eligible for the card.
- Make 2 points for every Rs 100 spent. Get a 1.5 percent cashback on international purchases.
- Bigbasket.com offers up to 5% cashback.
- A free priority pass membership is available.
- It provides a 50% cashback in PVR cinemas.
- Twice a year, you get free access to the first airport lounges.
- Spending Rs.75000 in one month entitles you to Rs.1000 in Bookmyshow.com vouchers.
This card was created by HSBC specifically for those who earn extremely high wages. Everyone cannot afford it, but the advantages are substantial. The APR is very low at 29.88 percent, the lowest rate available. This card does not have a membership fee or an annual membership fee. You can accumulate points as you spend and even earn money on international purchases.