Last Updated on 19/10/2020 by NM Staff
The Indian stock market is in the beginner stage. Since the Indian household savings is the highest in the world at 30%. As per the National Stock Exchange of India, around 7,800 scripts are listed on the stock markets, and less than 3,000 are actively traded these days in 2020.
Mobile trading apps have made stock trading much easier, especially with the entire pandemic situation going around. These can be referred to as a combination of Demat apps, NSE mobile app, forex trading app, and much more. Keep reading to find out all you need to know about the best stock trading apps in india!
What do you mean by a Trading App?
Mobile trading apps are applications that allow you to perform stock trades,buy, sell orders, track stock prices, and so on. The stock market apps can be referred to as mini versions of the full-fledged stock platforms. These offer quick stock platform addresses, allow you to go through all the stock market news, get notifications, and place alerts. The best part is that you can do all these in a jiffy.
Uses of Trading App in India: Advantages of Mobile Trading Apps
1. Place orders easily
Placing orders on mobile applications is far simpler and quicker than doing the same with desktop terminals.
2. Access to Market Data at your fingertips
You will get access to live market data including stock indices, currencies, derivatives, etc. via mobile trading apps. This will help you get a brief idea about the stock and its underlying assets.
3. Get Alerts
The best Indian trading apps have a notification facility that you can set for anything you want the updates or alerts for. For example, price change, exchanges, brokerages, etc.
4. Live Stock Market News
You can also track live news concerning a specific development or change in a stock.
5. Historical Charts and Research Reports
You will also be able to view several historical data, stock prices, and other analytical tools to help you analyze better.
Best Stock Trading Apps in India 2020
Here is the list of best trading apps in India to invest in the stock market with a comparison of rating, reviews and no of installs so that it’s easy for you to choose the right one as per your requirement.
|Stock Trading App||No. of installs||Rating out of 5 Stars||Number of reviews||App Size|
|Angel Broking||1,000,000+||3.9 stars||106,000||22 MB|
|Kite by Zerodha||100,000 to 500,000||4 stars||129,000||9.2 MB|
|Upstox Pro||5 million+||4.1 stars||125,000||8 MB|
|5 Paisa||5 million+||3.8 stars||74,000||16 MB|
|IIFL Markets||1 million to 5 million||3.7 stars||43,000||14 MB|
|Kotak Stock Trader App||500,000+||3.5 stars||35,000||7.1 MB|
|Share Khan Trading App||1 million+||3.8 stars||40,000||12 MB|
|Wisdom Pro||10,000+||4.7 stars||1000||2.8 MB|
|Motilal Oswal Mobile Trading App
|Edelweiss||1 million+||4.5 stars||30,000||44 MB|
|HDFC Securities Mobile Trading App||1 million+||4.3 stars||49,483||14 MB|
|Stock Note by SAMCO||100,000+||3.5 stars||7,000||13 MB|
|FYERS Market||100,000+||2.9 stars||2,000||12 MB|
|JStock||500,000+||4.6 stars||15,000||7.2 MB|
|ET Markets||1 million+||4.7 stars||37,000||11 MB|
1. Angel Broking
Angel Broking is one of the most popular stock trading apps in India. The company Angel Broking has been around for more than 3 decades now. Some of the features of this app are as follows:
- This share trading app provides you with notifications about market research, advisory calls, tips, and other recommendations.
- The app has a payment integration with more than 40 prominent banks in India.
- It has an automated advisory and recommendations engine, called ARQ that guides you with stock options as per your age, risk appetite, etc.
- It also has a provision of a Single-Click Order.
- For quick technical analysis, it provides you with 21 types of intraday charts with more than 40 indicators.
2. Kite by Zerodha
This one is not much old in the market. It is a newbie but has gained popularity in recent times. The app has some amazing features to look out for. This is why expert traders are recommending Zerodha to all the beginners in investing. Some of the benefits of this stock market app are:
- Low brokerage charges as compared to discount brokers.
- Amazing trading platform with a helpful user interface.
- Good charting platform with 100+ indicators for fast and easy analysis with 6 different chart types and 19 different drawing tools.
- Multiple market watch provided.
Every coin has two sides and so this awesome app has some cons as well to look out for:
- Opening an account at Zerodha could consume a lot of time.
- Network disconnection errors at times
- Lags during chart loads.
3. Upstox Pro
Upstox is a top discount broker and has brought forward one of the best trading platforms called the Upstox Pro app. It promises equity investments for free and charges only INR 20 per order. Besides, it has a great design and feels to it. Here are some benefits of this app for stocks:
- The mobile app provides a better technological experience.
- The account starting process is pretty easy.
- The platform is of the new age with good customer service.
- Only INR 20 per order is charged for all the intraday transactions.
Some cons of the app are given below:
- You can’t check the bank balance of the linked bank account.
- The search option is not present in the guide.
- Back Office app is not provided.
4. 5 Paisa
5 Paisa has been doing great in the stock trading industry lately. Its brokerage charges are super low: INR 10 per transaction. This share market app is a favorite among young newbies in the stock trading market. Here are some of the benefits you get to enjoy while using 5 Paisa:
- Flat fee on every order (INR 10 per transaction)
- Low brokerage fees
- You can open a Demat and trading account for free here.
- People say that its mobile trading app is better than Zerodha
- The account opening procedure is pretty quick.
5. IIFL Markets
This stock market app won an award for being the best Stock Market mobile app by Zee Business Awards. It was launched by India Infoline Ltd. and is currently one of the top brokerage firms we have in India. You can get equity research reports, customize your watchlist, receive price alerts, and so on. You could also request direct support from the app itself. Given below are some benefits of the app:
- Well-designed user interface
- Order execution is quick
- It is secure
- Has several features
Some cons of the IIFL Markets app are listed below:
- You need to be cautious while updating the app.
- There are issues in the portfolio section.
6. Kotak Stock Trader App
This app is very popular with loyal Kotak fans. It might not be the best stock market app out there when it comes to UX and UI but it is a decent app. You can trade in derivatives, currencies, equities, etc. here. You can do everything here that any other stock trading app can do and even more. Given below are some of the benefits of the Kotak Stock Trader App:
- You can sell from the positions view page.
- Helpful for investments in IPO, bonds, ETF, and mutual funds.
- Customers keep complaining that they have a lot of charges.
- The user interface is average.
- Apple Store rating is low (2.9).
7. Share Khan Trading App
Share Khan Trading App comes with live charts with multiple time frames ranging from 1 minute to 1 year. It also has a pattern finder that will help you look out for new trading ideas. This can also be used as an educational platform as you can access the Share Khan Online Trading Academy from the app itself. Given below are some of the benefits offered by the app:
- Charts with 1 minute to 1-year time frames.
- You will stay logged in even after closing the app.
- Low Apple store ratings (2.9)
8. Wisdom Pro
Wisdom Capital has incorporated some of the most developed and enhanced technologies to build one of the best online trading apps called Wisdom Pro. It is easy to operate and has a wide range of scanning tools, trading charts, market profiles, and so on. This app is quickly becoming famous amongst beginners and professionals as well. Here are some of the benefits of using this app:
- Give you an insight into the live market movements
- Position holding
- Provides lag-free user experience
- Charts have 100+ indicators
- Several other features as well
9. Motilal Oswal Mobile Trading App
The MO Investor App (Motilal Oswal Investor App) has incorporated an algo based best trading investment strategy called ACE (Advice on the combination of equities). It facilitates bulk order functionality. This in turn will help you execute several orders in a single click.
- Algo based Investment Strategy
- Bulk Order functionality
- User Interface is Average.
- Only 9 indicators for chart analysis.
- The price upload and the chart loading speed is low.
This is one of the leading mobile trading apps in India. It is very easy to use and is available for all types of OS. Edelweiss charges nothing for account opening and for every order they charge INR 10 (Lite Plan). Here are some of the advantages you’ll enjoy with Edelweiss:
- Advanced Tools
- Comprehensive market section
- Provides detailed information about open, close, high, low, cap, ratios, and so on.
- You could get a customized watchlist.
- Several types of charts available.
- Fast and secure transfer of funds.
11. HDFC Securities Mobile Trading App
This online investment app offers you with the best security you could ever receive. It provides a secured biometric login via fingerprint and face recognition. Also, you can buy and sell from the watchlist only. The app offers you instant access to all the trending investment ideas. Besides, this online share trading app has intraday real-time charting as well. Some benefits provided by the app are as follows:
- Gold and NCD investment option
- Trending Investment Ideas
- Biometric Login
- Login issues
- The display is not that good
12. Stock Note by SAMCO
Stock Note app has the support of AI and advanced analytics that help it to identify trends, patterns, and other trading opportunities. This is a one-touch trading option and allows you to make trades directly from the news feed. This is a unique stock investing app that will serve personalized notifications for news feed, portfolio, settings, market watchlist, etc.
- Giga trading engine that combines AI and advanced analytics
- You can start trading directly from the news feeds
- The Apple Store app has 164.3 MB file size
- The loading speed is slow.
13. FYERS Market
This is a stockbroker with its base in Bangalore. They have developed a stunning mobile trading app. Today it has become one of the best Indian trading apps.
Benefits of FYERS Market:
- 20+ years of Historical EOD Charts
- 9+ months of historical intraday charts
- Indicator templates for the convenience of the users.
- Several watchlists, heat maps, and stock screener
- The app doesn’t get updated often
- A price alert is not provided.
14. JStock Android
The JStock app is available for both phones and desktop. The best part is that it syncs with the desktop app. You can manage your dividend here at ease in addition to your portfolio. It supports 36 stock markets from around the globe.
15. ET Markets
As the name suggests, the ET Markets app was launched by the Economic Times. This is a rare stock market investment app that makes it possible for you to track the stock market indicators in your regional languages. Its smart voice search functionality makes it even more attractive. Besides, you can set up your watchlist, and customize news, analysis, and data as per your wishes.
Features of the Best Trading Apps
a) User-Friendly Interface: Using a mobile trading app has become extremely simple these days. You can effortlessly log in and do it owing to the exhaustive portfolio and several languages supported by these apps. You can even customize the entire share market trading app as per your preferences.
b) Highly Encrypted Transactions: Online transactions could be very unsafe but the best trading apps in India have an extremely-encrypted payment mechanism. So, this massively increases your online security.
c) Good Efficiency: Like mentioned earlier, looking over your assets and products is extremely smooth and easy. These apps come with research reports, live market news updates, data, currencies, shares, etc.
d) Extremely Flexible: You can use a mobile trading app anywhere and at any time. These apps can be used on the way and that is very crucial because, in the trading industry, even a single second is costly.
You may like to read: 7 Tips To Invest In Stock Market in India with Little Money
Things to Remember While Choosing an Share Trading App in India
- Compatibility: The best trading apps in India are sure to be compatible with both iPhones and Androids. So, make sure that the app you want to use is compatible with your phone.
- Popularity: You need to check if the app is popular or not. A thumb rule is that the more downloads, the more popular the app is.
- Reviews: Never download an app without going through the reviews first. Make sure that you check for customer reviews first. Another thing to do is get in touch with the stockbrokers and try to learn their viewpoints and experiences.
- App Support: Look up how good their support system is. Any good app must have a good support system both verbally, technically, and would be very helpful too. Any app could have bugs and lags, it’s important to rectify those at a fast pace.
Trading apps have become an important inclusion in the lives of regular and beginner stock traders. These apps help you utilize technology and not miss any opportunity. Every second is precious when it comes to the stock market. The best apps for the Indian stock market make sure you do not miss out on anything and get the best out of your stock trading experience.
FAQs about Stock Market Apps
- How to choose Best trading apps in India?
Ans. To choose the best trading apps in India, carefully analyze and check the reviews, ratings, no. of downloads, support provided, etc. by the app.
- Which is the best stock trading app in India?
Ans. There are several such apps available in the current market. The following can be referred to as the five best ones:
- Angel Broking
- Kite by Zerodha
- Can you invest in international markets through trading apps?
Ans. Several brokerage houses provide deals with overseas or international trading facilities. You just need to open a trading account with such a brokerage house to invest in foreign stock markets. Some such brokerage houses are ICICI Direct, Kotak Securities, HDFC Securities, Reliance Money, etc.
- Which is the fastest stock trading app in India?
Ans. As of September 2020, Zerodha is the fastest trading app in India. It has an overall rating of 9.4/10 on trading platforms.
- Can you open a DEMAT account through a mobile app?
Ans. Yes, you can. You can open both DEMAT and trading app account via the online application. Some apps even offer free account opening.
- Do stock trading on the mobile app have fees?
Ans. Yes, they do. The apps charge you daily for every transaction/ order at the rate of around INR 10, INR 20, or more. They might also have some yearly maintenance fees or other charges.
- Which is the best stock trading app for Android devices?
Ans. The best stock trading app might be different from one person to another. But, some of the highest-rated trading apps for Android devices are as follows:
- Angel Broking
- Stock Quote
- Which is the best stock trading app for Apple iOs?
Ans. The apps that work great with Android phones might not perform that well with iOS phones. So, here are some of the best stock trading apps for Apple iOS:
- Trading View
- M1 Finance