Last Updated on 17/10/2020 by NM Staff
For every individual, health insurance plans have become a necessity due to a high number of lifestyle diseases and a double-digit medical inflation in the country every year. Buying a health insurance policy also helps in partially or fully covering surgical and medical expenses of an individual. A health insurance policy is basically an agreement between the insurance company and you, where the insurer pays for your medical expenses and hospitalisation as mentioned in the policy after an annual premium is paid by you.
Importance of Health Insurance
Medical care, especially in the private sector, is expensive, therefore, it is important to buy health insurance for you and your family. Your finances can be derailed due to medical expenses. By paying a small premium and buying a health insurance policy, the financial stress that comes with medical emergencies can be avoided.
Ambulance charges, costs towards medical tests, hospitalisation costs, post-hospitalisation recovery costs, and doctor consultation fees are usually covered under a good health insurance policy.
Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd.
With business interests in Overseas Mediclaim Policy, Personal Accident, and Health Insurance, Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd. began operations in the year 2006. They have a capital base of Rs.1,050 crores, which is a promising path for their future. They are the country’s premier stand-alone health insurance provider that deals with personal accident, overseas travel insurance, and Medi-Claim. To make health insurance a right for every human being, a wide range of health insurance products at affordable prices are being offered by Star Health Insurance.
Health Insurance Plans offered by Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd.
Star Health Insurance makes it their mission in ensuring that health is never compromised for anyone. A wide of range of health insurance plans is offered by Star Health Insurance to protect you, your family, and your parents. The plans offered by Star Health Insurance are:
Read More: best health insurance companies in india
Family Health Optima Insurance Plan
The Family Health Optima Insurance policy is a super saver health insurance. It provides cover for your entire family under the same plan. A single sum will provide insurance for all your family members including your spouse, and dependent children. A special perk with this policy is that you will get 3 automatic sum restorations of the entire sum insured in case of complete exhaustion.
- A single policy that offers a wider coverage at an affordable premium for the whole family.
- For every claim-free year, health check-up benefits are offered.
- All day care procedures are covered.
- Any person residing in India between the ages of 18 years and 65 years can take this insurance.
- Above the age of 65 years, only renewals can be done.
- As part of the family, a child from the 16th day of delivery can be covered.
- Domiciliary hospitalisation is covered.
- Expenses towards health check-up are covered within the limits.
- 60 days of pre-hospitalisation expenses and 90 days of post-hospitalisation expenses are covered.
Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy
The Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy is specially structured for Senior citizens. It offers medical cover for anybody in the range from the age of 60. The entry age varies from 60 to 75 and coverage until a lifetime thereafter.
- Senior citizens who are between 60 years and 75 years of age are eligible for the policy.
- Pre-insurance medical test is not required.
- Outpatient medical consultation in a network hospital is covered.
- Issue of policy is under both individual and floater basis.
- Coverage of up to Rs.25 lakh for higher sum insured.
- Inpatient treatment for 24 hours and pre and post-hospitalisation treatments are covered.
- Lifetime renewals are guaranteed.
- Claim settlement procedure is carried out in-house without the involvement of a third-party administrator.
You may also like: Top 10 Family Health Insurance Plans in India
Star Comprehensive Insurance Policy
Star Health Comprehensive Plan is one of the most affordable medical insurance available in the market. A special perk about this plan is that it doesn’t put unnecessary margins on your medical treatment costs.
- No limit on room rent.
- For every block of 3 years without a claim, cost of health check-up is covered.
- 100% of sum insured is restored automatically.
- Hospital cash benefit is available
- This is an affordable health insurance cover that is available on individual and floater basis.
- Second medical opinion can be availed, and air ambulance benefit is available.
Medi-Classic Insurance Policy (Individual)
The Medi-Classic Insurance Policy from Star Health will cover all your medical expenses without making a hole in your pocket. It covers both allopathic and non-allopathic treatments. In addition to that, it also covers treatment for cataract, psychiatric, and psychosomatic disorders.
- 200% of entire sum insured is restored automatically.
- Patient care and hospital cash covers are available
- Cover for 101 day-care procedures is available.
- Along with parents, children can also be covered.
- Persons between the ages of 5 months and 65 years can take up this policy.
- Ambulance charges within specified limits for emergency transportation to hospital are covered.
- Coverage is provided for persons diagnosed with HIV, provided they meet the policy conditions.
- 30 days of pre-hospitalisation expenses are covered, and post-hospitalisation expense is paid in a lump sum up to the specified limit.
Diabetes Safe Insurance Policy
Diabetes Safe Insurance Plan, like the name suggests, caters specifically to patients with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes. So, if you are someone suffering from diabetes, this is a great health policy for you. This plan will cover all hospitalization expenses for the treatment of diabetes and the complications arising out of it.
- Type 1, Type 2, and other diabetes complications are covered.
- Individual and Floater basis plans can be taken.
- Donor expense is covered for kidney transplant surgery.
- Sum insured is automatically restored.
- Cover for all day care procedures.
- Person must be within the age of 18 years to 65 years.
- Outpatient expenses such as medical consultation and diagnostic tests are covered within specified limits
- Room, surgeon fees, drugs and medicines, nursing and boarding charges, and anaesthetist costs due to diabetes complications are covered.
Star Cancer Care Gold (Pilot Product)
Cancer Care Gold plan from Star Health is one of the first health insurance to be designed on the basis of the pilot. As the name suggests, it caters to patients diagnosed with cancer, and the health cover is offered on an individual basis.
- It is the first ever health insurance plan for persons who have been diagnosed with cancer.
- It is offered for a limited period only.
- Persons should be between the ages of 5 months to 65 years.
- Under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961, premium paid is eligible for rebate.
- 30 days pre-hospitalisation expenses and 60 days post-hospitalisation expenses are covered.
- All day care procedures are covered.
- Consultants, anaesthetist, specialist fees, and surgeon expenses covered.
Super Surplus Insurance Policy
Super Surplus Insurance Policy from Star Health is a one-of-a-kind plan that provides larger coverage at an affordable premium. This plan will provide you with abundant financial assistance for all your medical needs. So, if you were looking for an affordable policy that would be able to cater to large hospitalization expenses, this one would be the perfect choice.
- Lifelong renewal option available.
- Children between the ages of 91 days to 25 years and adults between the ages of 18 years and 65 years are eligible for this policy.
- This policy can be taken on a floater basis.
- Available in Silver Plan and Gold Plan.
Star Health Gain Insurance Policy
Star Health Gain is a type of health insurance plan that provides coverage for your entire family. You can include your spouse, your children, and your parents, all under the same umbrella. A special perk with this plan is that it covers both inpatient and outpatient treatment expenses.
- Inpatient and outpatient expenses are covered.
- Can be taken on individual and floater basis.
- One-year policy term.
- Can be taken for persons between the ages of 91 days to 65 years.
Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
Star Cardiac Care health insurance policy, as the name suggests, is designed especially for heart patients. It provides multiple coverage benefits to people with heart diseases. The patient doesn’t need to go through any pre-medical screening, instead, they can show their past medical records.
- The policy is for persons who have undergone surgery and correction for existing cardiac diseases for the first time.
- Gold Plan and Silver Plan available.
- Outpatient benefit is available under both plans.
- Both plans have Personal Accident Death Cover.
Star Net Plus
Star Net Plus health insurance plan is designed to cater to HIV patients. It is interesting to know that this is the first policy in India that provides cover for HIV positive people. Besides, this policy doesn’t have any age restrictions for both entry and renewal of the process.
- First policy in the country that offers health cover for HIV positive individuals.
- A Star Health special policy that ensures care is provided for those in need.
Star Criticare Plus Insurance Policy
Star Criticase Plus health insurance policy is one of the best plans you will come across in India. It provides coverage for 9 pre-specified critical disorders. Once you are diagnosed with such a disease, the payment will be made in a lump sum.
- Covers regular hospitalisation.
- No survival period.
- 9 specified critical illnesses are covered.
- Persons should be between the ages of 18 years and 65 years to take up the insurance policy.
Star Special Care
Star Special Care Health Plan is designed specifically to cater to the medical needs of children suffering from Autism Spectrum Disorder. Parents can also purchase this plan for their special child in order to provide them with the best treatment.
- Specially designed policy for children who have been diagnosed with Autism disorder.
- Children between the ages of 3 years and 25 years can take up this policy.
- Room, boarding, and nursing expenses are covered.
- Pre-acceptance medical screening is not required.
Star Care Micro Insurance Policy
Star Care Micro health insurance plan is meant to serve the rural and semi-urban residents of India. This is an indemnity health insurance that provides medical coverage for the Tier 1 and Tier 2 regions of India. The exceptionally low premiums make it one of the most affordable plans for people with low-income.
- Policy is available on Floater and Individual basis in Tier I and Tier II places.
- Pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation cover are provided.
- Hospital Cash benefit can be availed if treated in government hospitals.
- Persons should be between the ages of 18 years and 65 years to take up this policy.
Star Family Delite Insurance Policy
Star Family Delite Insurance Policy is a family floater health insurance plan. It provides coverage for your entire family that could include you, your spouse, and your dependent children. In addition to hospitalization expenses and ambulance charges, this plan also covers pre-existing diseases and more.
- Sum insured is on Floater basis.
- Specified day car procedures are covered.
- Pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation cover is provided.
- For the family, it is an affordable health insurance policy.
- Persons must be between the ages of 5 months and 65 years to take up this policy.
With a range of health insurance policies, Star Health Insurance provides cover for an individual as well as family members, including parents. One of the main aims of Star Health Insurance is to make sure health is never compromised and will never come second.