For every individual, health insurance plans have become a necessity due to a high number of lifestyle diseases and a double-digit medical inflation in the country every year. Buying a health insurance policy also helps in partially or fully covering surgical and medical expenses of an individual. A health insurance policy is basically an agreement between the insurance company and you, where the insurer pays for your medical expenses and hospitalisation as mentioned in the policy after an annual premium is paid by you.
Importance of Health Insurance
Medical care, especially in the private sector, is expensive, therefore, it is important to buy health insurance for you and your family. Your finances can be derailed due to medical expenses. By paying a small premium and buying a health insurance policy, the financial stress that comes with medical emergencies can be avoided.
Ambulance charges, costs towards medical tests, hospitalisation costs, post-hospitalisation recovery costs, and doctor consultation fees are usually covered under a good health insurance policy.
Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd.
With business interests in Overseas Mediclaim Policy, Personal Accident, and Health Insurance, Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd. began operations in the year 2006. They have a capital base of Rs.1,050 crores, which is a promising path for their future. They are the country’s premier stand-alone health insurance provider that deals with personal accident, overseas travel insurance, and Medi-Claim. To make health insurance a right for every human being, a wide range of health insurance products at affordable prices are being offered by Star Health Insurance.
Health Insurance Plans offered by Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd.
Star Health Insurance makes it their mission in ensuring that health is never compromised for anyone. A wide of range of health insurance plans is offered by Star Health Insurance to protect you, your family, and your parents. The plans offered by Star Health Insurance are:
Read More: best health insurance companies in india
Family Health Optima Insurance Plan
- A single policy that offers a wider coverage at an affordable premium for the whole family.
- For every claim-free year, health check-up benefits are offered.
- All day care procedures are covered.
- Any person residing in India between the ages of 18 years and 65 years can take this insurance.
- Above the age of 65 years, only renewals can be done.
- As part of the family, a child from the 16th day of delivery can be covered.
- Domiciliary hospitalisation is covered.
- Expenses towards health check-up are covered within the limits.
- 60 days of pre-hospitalisation expenses and 90 days of post-hospitalisation expenses are covered.
Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy
- Senior citizens who are between 60 years and 75 years of age are eligible for the policy.
- Pre-insurance medical test is not required.
- Outpatient medical consultation in a network hospital is covered.
- Issue of policy is under both individual and floater basis.
- Coverage of up to Rs.25 lakh for higher sum insured.
- Inpatient treatment for 24 hours and pre and post-hospitalisation treatments are covered.
- Lifetime renewals are guaranteed.
- Claim settlement procedure is carried out in-house without the involvement of a third-party administrator.
Star Comprehensive Insurance Policy
- No limit on room rent.
- For every block of 3 years without a claim, cost of health check-up is covered.
- 100% of sum insured is restored automatically.
- Hospital cash benefit is available
- This is an affordable health insurance cover that is available on individual and floater basis.
- Second medical opinion can be availed, and air ambulance benefit is available.
Medi-Classic Insurance Policy (Individual)
- 200% of entire sum insured is restored automatically.
- Patient care and hospital cash covers are available
- Cover for 101 day-care procedures is available.
- Along with parents, children can also be covered.
- Persons between the ages of 5 months and 65 years can take up this policy.
- Ambulance charges within specified limits for emergency transportation to hospital are covered.
- Coverage is provided for persons diagnosed with HIV, provided they meet the policy conditions.
- 30 days of pre-hospitalisation expenses are covered, and post-hospitalisation expense is paid in a lump sum up to the specified limit.
Diabetes Safe Insurance Policy
- Type 1, Type 2, and other diabetes complications are covered.
- Individual and Floater basis plans can be taken.
- Donor expense is covered for kidney transplant surgery.
- Sum insured is automatically restored.
- Cover for all day care procedures.
- Person must be within the age of 18 years to 65 years.
- Outpatient expenses such as medical consultation and diagnostic tests are covered within specified limits
- Room, surgeon fees, drugs and medicines, nursing and boarding charges, and anaesthetist costs due to diabetes complications are covered.
Star Cancer Care Gold (Pilot Product)
- It is the first ever health insurance plan for persons who have been diagnosed with cancer.
- It is offered for a limited period only.
- Persons should be between the ages of 5 months to 65 years.
- Under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961, premium paid is eligible for rebate.
- 30 days pre-hospitalisation expenses and 60 days post-hospitalisation expenses are covered.
- All day care procedures are covered.
- Consultants, anaesthetist, specialist fees, and surgeon expenses covered.
Super Surplus Insurance Policy
- Lifelong renewal option available.
- Children between the ages of 91 days to 25 years and adults between the ages of 18 years and 65 years are eligible for this policy.
- This policy can be taken on a floater basis.
- Available in Silver Plan and Gold Plan.
Star Health Gain Insurance Policy
- Inpatient and outpatient expenses are covered.
- Can be taken on individual and floater basis.
- One-year policy term.
- Can be taken for persons between the ages of 91 days to 65 years.
Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
- The policy is for persons who have undergone surgery and correction for existing cardiac diseases for the first time.
- Gold Plan and Silver Plan available.
- Outpatient benefit is available under both plans.
- Both plans have Personal Accident Death Cover.
Star Net Plus
- First policy in the country that offers health cover for HIV positive individuals.
- A Star Health special policy that ensures care is provided for those in need.
Star Criticare Plus Insurance Policy
- Covers regular hospitalisation.
- No survival period.
- 9 specified critical illnesses are covered.
- Persons should be between the ages of 18 years and 65 years to take up the insurance policy.
Star Special Care
- Specially designed policy for children who have been diagnosed with Autism disorder.
- Children between the ages of 3 years and 25 years can take up this policy.
- Room, boarding, and nursing expenses are covered.
- Pre-acceptance medical screening is not required.
Star Care Micro Insurance Policy
- Policy is available on Floater and Individual basis in Tier I and Tier II places.
- Pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation cover are provided.
- Hospital Cash benefit can be availed if treated in government hospitals.
- Persons should be between the ages of 18 years and 65 years to take up this policy.
Star Family Delite Insurance Policy
- Sum insured is on Floater basis.
- Specified day car procedures are covered.
- Pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation cover is provided.
- For the family, it is an affordable health insurance policy.
- Persons must be between the ages of 5 months and 65 years to take up this policy.
With a range of health insurance policies, Star Health Insurance provides cover for an individual as well as family members, including parents. One of the main aims of Star Health Insurance is to make sure health is never compromised and will never come second.
Last Updated on