Last Updated on 18/10/2020 by Deepak Singla
Punjab National Bank is not a new name in the banking and financial service industry. It has been serving millions of customers across India and abroad for years now. Ever since its commencement in 1895, PNB has become a leading player in providing nationalized banking services that have proved to be fruitful to the country’s economic interest. Today its extensive network is spread across 764 cities with over 180 million customers worldwide with 10,910 branches and 13,000+ ATMs Post Bank Merger with United Bank of India and Oriental Bank of Commerce, effective from 1 April 2020.
PNB has been offering all kinds of banking services to its customers and as a part of their credit card services, it now offers various card options along with numerous benefits. At the beginning of this venture, PNB was mainly offering two kinds of varieties namely – Classic and Gold. But as the bank is progressing, it has also launched new options including international co-branded cards. Currently, the bank is offering PNB Global Platinum Card, PNB Global Gold Card, and PNB Global Classic Card. Each variety has its own features and merits that have benefited customers in various ways.
Spectacular features of PNB credit cards
PNB credit cards come with several attractive features. Some of them are listed below:-
1. Balance transfer facility – With the balance transfer feature, cardholders can easily transfer the outstanding balance from other cards to PNB credit cards and avoid paying a high rate of interest. PNB offers a lower rate of interest (2.45% per month) on its credit cards as compared to other banks. Cardholders can also convert the outstanding balance in easy monthly installments with EMI facility.
2. EMI facility – Whether it’s an outstanding amount or making big purchases, PNB offers an EMI facility to its customers to provide easy payment convenience. Customers can now enjoy shopping, traveling, and entertainment without worrying about money. Conveniently, use the credit card and choose to pay from 3 to 36 months with an easy payment plan. The minimum amount required to be converted in EMI should not be less than ₹2,500 per transaction. The customer has 30 days from the transaction date to convert the amount into EMI.
3. Add-on card – The primary cardholders can get the add-on card facility at the time of applying for the card or even later for their family members. The primary cardholder is allowed to have up to 3 add-on cards and without any extra charge. The benefits on all the cards will be similar to the primary card.
4. Utility Bill Payment – PNB credit cardholders can also make payments for their utility bills like phone, electricity, etc. by visiting www.visabillpay.in/pnb via PNB credit cards.
5. Global acceptance – Due to its wide network across the globe, PNB credit cards are accepted worldwide today across various merchant establishments. Customers can make hassle-free transactions across the globe without worrying about cash.
Along with these features, PNB credit cards come with a lot of added benefits.
Benefits of PNB credit cards
The credit card services offered by the bank have proven to be beneficial for many credit cardholders. Let’s discuss some these benefits in detail:
Interest-free credit – PNB cardholders get 20-50 days interest-free credit by shopping through their credit cards. During this period, no interest charges are levied on the respective credit card accounts. However, this interest-free credit lasts until the due date. The customer would have to make full payment of their outstanding amount before the due date to keep enjoying the facility. Also, this offer is limited to credit card transactions only.
Minimum due payments – If the cardholder is unable to make full payments of their credit card balance, they can also choose to pay minimum amounts according to the credit card statement. But the bank would charge interest on the remaining balance that is calculated on the average daily balance.
Fuel surcharge waiver – All PNB credit cards come with the fuel surcharge waiver benefit. In simple words, the bank would waive or not charge the surcharge amount (that is usually charged on fuel purchases by other banks). This benefit applies to all petrol pumps across India on fuel purchase from ₹400 – ₹3,000.
Travel bookings – All PNB credit cardholders can book railway or flight tickets on various portals by using their PNB credit cards. This facility is available on online purchases as well as over the counter purchases.
Easy card management – PNB has recently launched an app known as the PNB genie. This app acts as a one-stop destination for all kinds of credit card services like checking payment history, PIN generation, past statements, raise service requests, etc. The cardholder just needs to download the app on their Smartphone, log in with the net-banking user ID and password to manage to account.
Types of PNB Credit Cards
PNB offers 8 types of credit cards to its customers. Each of these cards has unique features and privileges. Here are the types of PNB credit cards. You can choose as per your needs and requirements:
- PNB Global Platinum Credit Card
- PNB Global Gold Credit Card
- PNB Global Classic Credit Card
- PNB Wave & Pay Credit Card
- PNB RuPay Platinum Credit Card
- PNB RuPay Select Credit Card
- PNB Rupay Rakshak Platinum Credit Card
- PNB RuPay Rakshak Select Credit Card
Listed below are the features of some of the top PNB credit cards:
1. PNB RuPay Select Credit Card
- The annual fee will be waived off if you use the credit card is used only once in a quarter
- You will receive 300+ Reward Points for the first usage of the card.
- If you purchase retail merchandises using the card, then you’ll receive 2X Reward Points
- You will also get complimentary international and domestic lounge access
- You will get exclusive cashback on utility bills, restaurants, and eateries
- Comprehensive insurance coverage
- 24X7 concierge services
- More than 300 merchants will provide you with exciting offers.
2. PNB RuPay Platinum Credit Card
- Joining fee or annual fee will be waived off if you use the card at least once every quarter
- 300+ Reward Points for the first usage of the card
- You’ll enjoy exclusive cashback on utility bills, restaurants, and eateries
- The card also provides comprehensive insurance coverage
- 24×7 concierge services
- You’ll receive offers from 300+ merchants
3. PNB Global Platinum Credit Card
- You’ll enjoy concierge services
- The card also provides passports and visa support to customers before any trip
- Emergency support such as medical help, roadside assistance, and patient travel arrangements are also provided
- You’ll earn 2 reward points on every INR 150 you spend
- Under the ‘Added Incentive’ plan, you can earn a variety of commercial offers
4. PNB Global Gold Card
- For every INR 100, you spend, you can earn 1 reward point
- You can redeem the accumulated points for attractive items and vouchers from PNB’s rewards program.
- The benefits can be extended to family members who are more than 18 years of age with the help of add-on credit cards.
- You can set standing instructions for utility bill payments.
5. PNB Global Classic Credit Card
- For every INR 100 spent, earn 1 reward point.
- You can redeem the accumulated reward points for vouchers and merchandise from PNB’s special rewards program
- In case of a card loss or a fraud, you need to inform the bank in time to receive the benefits of a limited liability cover
- You can also get up to 2 add-on cards for your family members like spouses, parents, and children who are over 18 years of age.
6. PNB Rakshak RuPay Platinum Credit Card
- Joining fee is not required.
- An annual fee is not needed as long as the credit card gets used every quarter at least once.
- You can earn 300+ reward points on your first transaction
- Also, you will earn cash back on your utility bills, eateries, and restaurant bill payments.
- The card will provide you with insurance coverage
- You will also be able to avail concierge services every now and then
7. PNB Rakshak RuPay Select Credit Card
- Joining fee not required
- The annual fee can be skipped if you make one transaction every quarter of the year
- You will earn 300+ reward points on the first usage.
- Purchasing retail merchandise will earn you 2X reward points
- You will receive free domestic and international lounge program membership
- Earn cashback when you make utility bills payments and other payments such as subscriptions, restaurant bills, etc.
- Free domestic and international lounge program membership
- Receive cashback on payments of utility bills, subscriptions, restaurants, and so on.
- Also provides comprehensive insurance coverage
- You will be able to avail concierge service as and when required
PNB Credit Cards Fees and Charges
PNB credit cards can have several fees associated with them such as entry fees, annual fees, renewal fees, add-on card fees, and so on.
The table given below states the joining fee needed for each type PNB credit card:
|Card Name||Joining Fee|
|PNB Global Platinum Credit Card||Nil|
|PNB Global Gold Credit Card||Nil|
|PNB Global Classic Credit Card||Nil|
|PNB Wave & Pay Credit Card||Nil|
|PNB RuPay Platinum Credit Card||Nil|
|PNB RuPay Select Credit Card||INR 500|
|PNB RuPay Rakshak Platinum Credit Card||Nil|
|PNB RuPay Rakshak Select Credit Card||INR 500|
|Charges||PNB Global Platinum Credit Card||PNB Global Gold Card||PNB Global Classic Credit Card|
|Entry fee||INR 500||INR 300||Nil|
|Annual fee||INR 500||Nil||Nil|
|Add-on cards||INR 500||Nil||Nil|
|Rate of interest||2.45% per month||2.45% per month||2.45% per month|
How to Earn and Redeem PNB Credit Cards Reward Points
Earning PNB Credit Card Reward Points
You will earn reward points on your PNB Credit Card when you make purchases.
The given table shows how many reward points you can earn on the respective credit card type:
|Card Variant||Reward Points|
|PNB Global Classic||Earn 2 reward points for every INR 100 spent|
|PNB Global Gold Credit Card||Earn 1 reward point for every INR 100 spent|
|PNB Global Platinum Credit Card||Earn 2 reward point for every INR 150 spent|
|PNB Wave & Pay Credit Card||N/A|
|PNB RuPay Platinum Credit Card||Earn 1 reward points for every INR 100 spent|
|PNB RuPay Select Credit Card||2 times reward points on all your retail purchases|
|PNB Rakshak RuPay Platinum Credit Card||N/A|
|PNB Rakshak RuPay Select Credit Card||2 times reward points on all your retail purchases|
Besides these, PNB offers even more benefits on certain cards:
- 50 extra reward points if you register for the e-bill facility.
- Users of RuPay Platinum and RuPay Select Credit Card make 2X bonus rewards on online transactions and retail purchases within the first 90 days of card issuance.
- Cash withdrawals, fuel expenses, and jewelry purchases don’t earn reward points.
- The reward points hold validation for 3 years from the accrual date.
Redeeming your reward points
To redeem your reward points, you need to have accumulated at least 500 points. The bank constantly adds new things to their rewards categories like you can get movie booking, hotel bookings, DTH, mobile recharge, etc. from your reward points.
1 Reward point = INR 0.50
You can redeem your reward points in the following two ways:
Online Reward Redemption
- Login to your PNB Credit Card account by entering your user name, password, and captcha code.
- Click on the Rewardz tab located on the left menu
- You will be taken to the PNB Rewardz website
- Now, you will be able to view your reward points and start collecting them.
- First, you need to download the PNB Reward Redemption form.
- Fill up the form and mail it to the following address:
Punjab National Bank
Credit Card Processing Centre,
3rd Floor, Rajendra Bhawan,
Rajendra Place, NEW DELHI-110008
How to apply for a PNB credit card?
Customers can easily apply for a credit card in a few simple steps.
- Applicants can either visit the PNB official website or other portals to apply for a credit card online.
- Check the type of card you wish to apply and proceed further.
- Check the features and benefits offered by each type of card. Analyze your needs and select the card that suits your need.
- Now click on the online application form link and fill with correct personal and income details.
- Once all the details are filled, submit the application form.
- Once the application form is received by the bank, it is on the bank’s discretion whether or not to issue the card.
- Applicants can visit any nearest PNB branch to apply for a credit card.
- They can either download the form from the internet or use the form provided at the bank.
- Fill the form with all necessary details and submit the documents (identity proof, income proof, address proof, last three months bank statement, and a passport size photograph) along with the application form.
- Upon receipt of the application, the bank would decide whether or not to issue the card.
- Upon receiving the application form, banks generally take 10-15 working days to process the application.
- After approval, the card will be dispatched either by courier or speed post, which usually takes another 7-15 working days depending on the location of the customer.
PNB Credit Cards FAQs
Q. Can I purchase the PNB credit cards online?
Ans. No, as of now, PNB does not offer online applications for credit cards. You need to visit the branch to apply for a credit card.
Q. What is special about PNB Wave n Pay credit card?
Ans. PNB Wave n Pay credit card has incorporated the Visa PayWave technology in which you just need to swipe the card for making a transaction up to INR 2000. All you need to do is tap your card on the POS machine while payment and the payment will be done without the need to enter your PIN.
Q. What is the interest rate offered on PNB credit cards?
Ans. The interest rate on PNB credit cards is 2.45% per month on a reducing basis. The Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is 29.81%.
Q. How do I purchase a PNB Credit Card?
Ans. Follow the given steps to purchase the PNB Credit Card:
- Visit the official website of PNB
- Click on the Credit Card Application Form under the Resource Centre.
- Duly fill in the form and then submit it to the nearest branch.
- Then, you need to wait for the bank to process your application and dispatch your credit card.
- You will receive your card within 4 weeks.
Q. What is the minimum salary required to be able to buy a credit card?
Ans. If any income criterion is needed by the bank then they will inform you when you express the intent of applying for the credit card.
Q. Are some PNB credit cards free?
Ans. Some PNB credit cards do not have any joining fee or annual fee associated. Such cards are as follows:
- PNB Rakshak Rupay Select Credit Card
- PNB Rakshak Rupay Platinum Credit Card
- PNB Rupay Platinum Credit Card
Q. Do I need a job to get a credit card?
Ans. You can receive a PNB credit card even if you do not have a job. But, then you will have to apply for the secured credit card option and deposit a specific amount in the fixed deposit account. The secured credit cards will allow you to earn interest against your deposited amount and on the other hand, you will be making transactions on your credit card. Also, the credit limit will be a bit less than the amount deposited.
Q. How do I redeem my PNB credit card points?
Ans. You can redeem the credit card points either online, through the post, or via phone-banking.
Q. Do I get reward points with every PNB credit card?
Ans. Yes, the PNB Reward Points program applies to all the 5 cards they offer.
Q. Are all PNB Credit cardholders eligible for the PNB rewards program?
Ans. No, the people defaulting on their credit card bills are not eligible for the rewards program.